My Definition of Nonlinear Literature

As for the words, I infer that nonlinear literature unfolds paths by branching the story towards different directions. In my opinion, nonlinearity in the literature demonstrates itself in various configurations from screenwriting to game-books, or video game narratives to etymology books. Therefore I see this approach as a challenge to our experience of time, which sets a linear structure, or our habitual activity of reading, watching, and our thinking that we get used to perceiving it as a single line.

In literature, the nonlinear approach is not only breaking the single line of the storytelling but also shifts the order of the narrative, which inspires the creator and the audience to correlate things that seem not connectable.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On the way to Nonlinearity in Literature: Time

My New Definition of Nonlinearity and Literature